Legendary Tiger B2 Dead

B2 the legendary tiger who dominated bandhavgarh forest for more than a decade is Dead. He was found injured most probably by some tiger near ghunghuti area, chauri village in shahdol district  which is far from bandhavgarh. The forest dept it seems tried saving him by giving treatment, unfortunately his time had come. He may have gone so far away due to the ever present danger of the new male in bandhavgarh who in recent times on many occasions tried to confront B2. It is possible he was confronted by new male or by some other tiger of the area where he was found. He was around 15+ which is a good age for a wild tiger. Seeing B2 I have found that tigers are also social and not solitary. I have seen him live & eat with his family including sub-adult cubs. He fathered many tigers of bandhavgarh including the current dominant male tiger called Bamera or New male. He was a tiger who was fortunate to have lived wild in the good times of bandhavgarh unlike many others who ended being poached or put behind cages.

7 Responses to “Legendary Tiger B2 Dead”

1. Arya Gupta says:

I saw him once in his kingdom. My first. Was a life-hanging experience. Sad. Very sad. May he rest in peace.

(Loved yr blog, Talat)

regards,
    Arya

2. admin says:

thx Arya. Some very nice photography at your site.

3. Finally the great king is dead. Very sad to Hear that. I saw him from 2008.We want more B2 in Bandhavgarh.May he rest in peace.

🙁

4. Carlos says:

Just like his grandad , the legendary charger, the time had come for its departure

5. Shailendra says:

Very sad news… Two years back in the evening we waited for B2 to show wp from his den but the rains played spoil sport… And now he is gone… We have captured the Bamera mail on camera and vidio… He is supreme there now…

Shailendra Shirke

6. Ramanuja says:

so sad and let him take rebirth….

7. Chantal Cavazzi says:

I was so sad when I read B2 had died. I saw him in march 2010, he was
    “fighting” with Kalua. I will never forget the time spent in their company!
    So happy I have a lot of pictures. Chantal